When you think of what is quintessential American, what comes to mind? Apple pie and hot dogs and burgers at a barbecue? And to be fair who really doesn’t love a good burger? Who doesn’t really love a good burger? Even those who don’t eat meat love a good veggie burger.
Here are just some of the many reasons why Americans love their burgers so much?
Can’t Beat the Taste
There is just something about the taste of a juicy burger that other meals just don’t offer you. It satisfies your tastebuds and can be part of a satisfying meal or even just a much needed snack. And burgers are much more versatile that a lot people realize. Between different types of meat like turkey burgers and veggie burgers and the variety of toppings that you can pile on top, burgers offer a flavor that everyone will like.
Perfect Comfort Food
There is just something about foods like burgers and fries that brings comfort when you are stressed or depressed or sad. It soothes your ravaged feelings and brings comfort to you. No one really knows why, but that pull cannot be denied, hence late night runs to the local burger ship.
Healthy Still an Option
While burgers are associated with fast food, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is not healthy for you. In today’s health-conscious world, people are demanding fresher, higher quality ingredients and you can get them in a burger. You just need to pick the restaurant you patronize carefully. Pick ones that offer fresh salads and fruits and vegetables as well as vegetarian options as well as the standard burger joint fare. Most places also offer turkey and veggie options too. You don’t have to sacrifice taste for health.
It Brings People Together
Besides barbecues and picnics where burgers tend to have a starring role, burgers are also a popular menu item at most family-friendly restaurants and fast food joints. There is just something about the burger that brings people together. People associate with hanging with friends and family and having a good time. The favorite teen hangout for decades has been the burger joint where friends can share burger, fries, milkshakes as well as a lifetime of memories. And of course we have all enjoyed some family bonding a summer barbecue.
Won’t Cost You an Arm and a Leg
Another thing that attracts Americans to burgers is the cost or really the lack thereof. Most families even those on a budget can treat themselves to a burger now and again. It is not like steak or seafood which can carry hefty price tags.
If you have been in the market for opening up a new restaurant franchise, consider choosing a burger franchise. America’s love affair with burgers means that you can feel confident that your new burger franchise will be very successful.
Love Burgers? Buy A Burger Franchise?
Here are some reasons to buy a burger franchise:
- There are no concerns over an oversaturated market here. Burgers, milkshakes, fries…you can’t go wrong with selling these American staples. Whether it is a quick meal for the kids between school and soccer practice or the weekly Friday night treat, burgers are what people crave. As a burger franchisee, you can feel confident that you have a built-in customer base right from the start.
- If you are worried that with the concern over obesity that fast food joints will soon be obsolete, don’t worry. Successful burger franchises are learning to adapt to the needs of their customers. When choosing a burger franchise, pay attention to what ingredients are used.
- If you decide to start your restaurant from scratch, no one has heard of you before and you will need to do a lot of brand building in the beginning to become a recognizable name. When you choose to buy a burger franchise, however, you will already have that brand power behind you.
- Familiarity is important for return customers. When they walk in your door, they want to know what to expect from everything from the menu to the atmosphere and design of the restaurant. No matter which burger franchise you choose, you will have a preset menu and guidelines to follow when it comes to what your restaurants look like and customer service policies. For example when someone walks into a McDonalds, it doesn’t matter where in the country, they know exactly what their food options will be and know the basic layout of the restaurant. Not to mention the fact that those golden arches are recognizable just about everywhere.
- Burgers franchises are so much more than fast food. What makes burger franchises so successful is that they can be so much more than just your typical fast food joint. You just need to do your homework first before settling on a particular burger franchise. There is a lot more variety between your options than you probably think. While there are your typical McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s options, you also have franchises that are fast casual burger chains which offer higher quality burgers and franchises that focus on organic menus and farm to table practices. Some franchises also pride themselves on only using Angus beef. It is very important that you have a strong sense of what you are looking for before you start seriously looking at burger franchises.
- Offers you a strong support network to back you up. Another reason burger franchises are so successful is that you have a strong franchise system and network to support you. While each individual franchise will vary a little in how much support they give you, all burger franchises offer you training and an infrastructure to help you run your business. This is especially important if you have never owned a business before. From selecting your location to getting the restaurant up and running to helping with advertising campaigns and marketing, the franchiser offers you valuable resources.
Why not choose to combine two of your passions, burgers and opening your own business by choosing to buy into a burger franchise? Start planning for a bright future by calling Zac’s Burgers today. Not only do they have burger franchises but burger food trucks as well.