Launching a new business can be scary. If you have been dragging your feet to start your food truck business because you are not sure if the time of the year for your matters, now is the time to plunge right in this fall.
Here are the 4 top reasons to start your food truck this fall:
The Weather Is Just Right
The great thing about the fall is of the weather. The summer heat is starting to wane, but it is still beautiful weather for outdoor fun. With the leaves starting to fall and a slight touch of chill in the area, this time of year is a favorite for family and friend outings before winter time starts cooping everyone up inside. With everyone out and about enjoying the weather, your food truck is guaranteed to get a lot of foot traffic.
Plenty of Fall Festivals
Another great thing about the fall is that there are so many food truck-friendly events going on that there will be so many ways for you to establish a strong customer base. From Halloween events to Pumpkin festivals, you can join the fun of the season while also making your business thrive.
Start of the Holiday Season
Halloween is always the kick-off the holiday season with Thanksgiving and Christmas not far behind. This is a social time of year where people love shopping and going out to eat, spending time with family and friends, and even though the weather starts to get chillier as we get to Thanksgiving and Christmas time, you will be surprised, how much hustle and bustle on the streets that you will be able to take advantage of.
You can even use the holiday times to create specialty items to draw customers in. Pumpkin-flavored treats in the fall are always a crowd-pleaser and hot chocolate and pumpkin pie can help warm up your customers as well as take care of their sweet tooth as they are enjoying the brisk air.
No Time Is A Bad Time
The bottom line though is that no time is a bad time to start your food truck business. If you keep dragging your heels, you are just putting yourself at risk for more obstacles to be put in your way. Who knows what your life will be like in six months or a year, you need to grab the iron while it is still hot. The food truck industry is really booming now so it is a great time to get on board.
While there is not magical time of year to start your business, there are still some thing you need to be sure of before you make this big investment. Don’t worry so much about the time of year instead worry about making sure this is the right path for you to take. Also, don’t embark on this journey when you have a lot of other stressors in your life. Sick parent or child? Going through a divorce? You are not going to be at your best at this time, so a small delay might make sense in these cases.
No matter what time of year you decide to launch your new business, make sure you have taken these steps first:
- Make sure this is the right fit for you. Before signing any papers or making any sort of initial investment, your first step should be to make sure this is the right avenue to take. There a lot of different ways to become a business owner and each path has its own set of challenges. Get to know the challenges of the food truck business and talk to current food truck owners to get an honest picture of what you need to do to get your own truck up and running as well as what the day to day running of a food truck entails. The food truck business can be really lucrative for the right people. You just need to make sure you have the right personality, knowledge and skills to make your food truck a success. Your current financial situation is important too. Will you have enough money for all the food truck startup costs and pay your daily expenses until your truck starts bringing in money?
- Create a solid business plan. The first step for any new business is the creation of the business plan. In your business plan, you will need to lay out what products you plan on selling and what makes them different from other similar products. It also needs to include a market analysis as well as any plans for marketing and advertising and most important your financial projections. How much is everything is going to cost?
- Buy your truck. There are a lot of different ways you can go about getting your truck. You can buy or rent one. And if you buy one, you can buy used to save money or put out the extra for a custom-fitted brand new truck. There are pros and cons to all of these options so you need to consider your financial situation and figure out what is the best option for you. The most important thing is to make sure the truck is in good condition so it is not constantly breaking down on you and that you have all the equipment, storage and cooking space you need to be efficient when serving your customers.
- Set up a commissary. All food trucks are required to have an off-site kitchen where they can prep food, clean all their equipment and store food properly. Find one that is in a good location and has all the tools you will need at a reasonable rent.
- Get your food safety certification. Your food truck is required to have a food safety certified employee on board at all time so make sure you and all your employees have been certified before you hit the road.
- Stay up-to-date on all regulations and zoning. The food truck industry is still growing and so constantly evolving and different cities and counties have different regulations and zoning ordinances that you will need to follow. This can get tricky if you cross county or even state lines with your food truck so it is important that you always know where you are allowed to park, how long you can stay there and what rules you have to follow while there. If this your dream, never give up. As long as you are fully prepared and committed for this journey, it will be a fun and exhilarating ride, no matter what time of year it is.
For more information about food trucks, contact Zac’s Burgers today.
- 5 Lesser Known Food Truck Start Up Costs To Know About
- 9 Ways To Incorporate Food Trends For 2018 Into Your Food Truck
- Food Truck Basics: Creating Food Truck Menus
- Food Truck Basics: Food Truck Equipment List
- Food Truck Basics: Selecting A Food Truck
- Food Truck Basics: The Day To Day Running Of A Food Truck
- Food Truck Requirements For Starting Your Own Food Truck
- How Relaxed Food Truck Laws Are Helping The Food Truck Industry
- How To Make Your Food Truck Stand Out From The Crowd
- Things To Consider Before You Start Running Your Food Truck
- Why You Should Start A Burger Food Truck Business
Zac's Burgers is presently not selling franchises and does not have a certified franchise disclosure document. Zac's is offering licensing opportunities, however, potential licensees must meet all federal and state requirements.
Leave a Reply