Besides graduation parties and the end of school, June also means it is time to thank all the dads in our lives. Father’s Day is about celebrating all they do for us and spending time as a family. If you are stressing about what to do for the special men in your life, we have got what you need.
Here are 5 ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Philadelphia:
Pops, Pints & Pups
If the dads in your life love dogs then this fundraiser for the Pennsylvania SPCA Fishtown Center at Porta Pizzeria will be the perfect way to celebrate Father’s Day. The event takes place the day before Father’s Day, Saturday, June 16, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. so you can celebrate all weekend long.
It will be pay as you go with $2 Walt Wit pints from Philadelphia Brewing Company as well as mimosas and cocktail specials and plenty of pizza. Live music will start at noon and the Pennsylvania SPCA will be bringing adoptable dogs to play with outside the restaurant. Location: Porta, 1216 Chestnut St. Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Hungry Pigeon Beef & Beer
Meat lover dads will love Hungry Pigeon’s Father’s Day Beef & Beer with Tired Hand. Hungry Pigeon, on Sunday, June 17 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., is teaming up with Tired Hand’s Chef Bill Braun to offer a beef-centric menu with steak tartare and roast beef, and starting at 4 p.m. a full prime rib dinner. There will also be a few vegetarian options as well. Tired Hands will also be taking over the taps. No reservations needed. First come, first serve. Location: Hungry Pigeon, 743 S. Fourth St. Philadelphia, PA 19147.
Grateful Dead for Kids! Presented by The Rock & Roll Playhouse
Rock out as a family to the music of The Grateful Dead at a special Father’s Day show at The Rock & Roll Playhouse. This is a family-friendly concert so bring all the kids even the little ones. It will be a fun, relaxed way to enjoy the day together. Held on Sunday, June 17, the concert will start at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 apiece and the doors will open a half hour before the show. Location: Ardmore Music Hall, 23 E. Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA 19003.
Father’s Day at Zac’s Burgers
The whole family can certainly get behind some juicy burgers so treat Dad to lunch or dinner at Zac’s on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17, 2018. Zac’s Burgers is also celebrating dads with their special deals this Father’s Day. Buy a Dad a $50 gift card to Zac’s and get a $10 gift card for free. Zac’s is also hosting a special #ZACSLOVESDADs selfie contest. Simply snap a selfie with your dad and post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #ZACSLOVESDADS to win a Zac’s $100 gift card. Location: Zac’s has 5 locations in the Philadelphia area. Visit https://www.zacsburgers.com for more information.
Go for the Personal Touch
If money is tight or you just prefer to create a more personal celebration for the dads in your life, don’t worry there are still many ways to make the day special:
- Breakfast in Bed. It may seem cliché, but who doesn’t love being able to sleep in a little on the weekend and be woken up with hot coffee and piles and piles of pancakes? Make the day special right from that start, even before he steps a foot out of bed.
- Dedicate the day to sharing in one of their personal passions. Does your husband love comics? Take the whole family to a comic convention or spend the day browsing new comic stores. Does he love being outdoors hiking or fishing? Take the whole family on a fun outdoor adventure and enjoy nature together. Check out Philadelphia Parks & Recreation at https://beta.phila.gov/departments/philadelphia-parks-recreation/things-to-do/ for more information on the best nature spots in the area.
- Host a Family Barbecue. Invite granddads, uncles, godfathers for a special barbecue for all the men in your family. Take charge of the grill so the men can enjoy a stress free day of good food and good company. Make sure to also pack the coolers with all their favorite brews too.
- Give Him the Complete Day Off. Who wouldn’t enjoy a day where you can do whatever you want. Instead of a typical Sunday filled with regular chores, give him the complete day off to do whatever he wants, whether it is spending time with you and the kids or going off and doing something on his own or his friends. He will appreciate all you have to juggle to make this happen.
- Make Him His Favorite Meal. Father’s Day is always a great time to show your love through food. Whip up his favorite dishes for a special family dinner or make it a romantic dinner just the two of you. As the saying goes, the best way to show a guy you love him is through his stomach.
- Create a Special Coupon Book for Him. He will love the time and thought that went into this. At the beginning of the day present him with a special coupon book filled with coupons for free massages, movie nights etc., whatever you think he might enjoy the most, and then let him choose a few of them to cash in on right on Father’s Day.
- Create a Memory Book for Him. Pull together all the photos of you and him and the kids over the years and put together a special memory book or a photo collage to help him keeps his loved ones close to his heart always.
When it comes down to it though, remember that it doesn’t matter how you celebrate Father’s Day just that you show the special men in your life how much they mean to you. Make this Father’s Day a day he won’t forget by putting your whole heart into it.
For more information about Zac’s Burgers special Father’s Day contest and promotions, visit https://www.zacsburgers.com.