The modern customer demands both quality and convenience, especially when it comes to eating out. With the push for healthier food options today, many traditional fast food franchises are losing customers to fast casual franchises which are better equipped to off both quality and convenience.
Fast casual restaurants are basically restaurants that are a step above fast food restaurants because they offer fast service and convenience while still offering quality food and a more inviting sit-down area.
Fast casual restaurants were initially slow in getting into the franchise business because they feared losing their ability to still provide quality food and service, but lately there has been a surge in popularity for the fast casual franchise.
Check out these 4 reasons the fast casual franchise is surging in popularity.
1. Quality Systems Already In Place
Fast casual restaurants are starting to realize that they already have systems in place that will help them maintain quality in their food and customer service even with a network of franchise units. That the relationship they have with their suppliers can easily be extended to include more restaurants. Being able to keep prices to scale is key.
2. Pioneers Are Showing Its Possible
Pioneers in the fast casual franchise world like Zac’s Burgers, American Grilled Cheese Kitchen and The Dog Haus are showing it is possible to franchise without losing the consistent quality their brand is known for.
3. Tech Advancements Are Improving Communication
Because of today’s technological capabilities, fast casual franchisors are able to keep better lines of communication open with their franchisees. They can see in real time what is going on at their franchise units and provide support when needed.
4. Embracing the Diversity Franchising Brings
More fast casual restaurants are appreciating the diversity and experience that franchisees, especially in different parts of the country, can bring to their restaurant. Whether it is an idea about food prep or community partnerships, franchisee ideas can help strengthen the brand.
So with fast casual franchises popping up all over the place, how do you pick the right one to join?
- Choose cuisine carefully. The first thing you want to do is research the type of cuisine offered by the most popular fast casual franchisors and find the one you are most passionate about. Whether it is an ethnic specialty like Vietnamese or Korean or a healthier version of traditional fast food fare like burgers and fries, there are plenty to choose from.
- Choose IT savvy franchises. Look for franchisors who know how to leverage technology to improve the customer’s experience whether it is the ability to order or pay through their smartphone or the ability to stream games and videos while in the restaurant. These are the types of things that will give you the advantage in customers’ eyes.
- Solidify your finances. Startup costs for a franchise can run the gamut from only a couple of thousand dollars to millions of dollars so you need to look realistically at what your investment budget should be. Experts suggest that you factor in what your income is from other sources, what you expect your return to be from the franchise and your general lifestyle habits to determine which casual franchise will fit your budget best.
- Make a list of what you are looking for in a brand. When you choose to buy a franchise instead of opening up your own original restaurant, you are signing up for that brand so it is crucial that it is one that you believe in strongly. You want to know what the best franchise to invest in is. Top qualities you should be looking for include an established support structure that can help you develop your franchise, a group of knowledgeable and skilled experts who are available to advise you every step of the way and continual training opportunities to give you the best opportunity to succeed.
- Narrow down your choices. Any lingering concerns that have popped up in your initial query should be addressed now. You should also ask for a list of references that you can call. Other franchisees can give you an inside scoop on what it is really like to own a franchise with this parent company. The more you know about a potential franchiser, the more confident you will feel when making a decision.
Important key appoints to address include:
- Ask about market saturation and whether there is enough business for more locations.
- Discuss their approach to advertising and marketing so you have a clear sense of how much support in that area you will receive and how much you will have to do on your own.
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of what your relationship to the parent company will be as a franchise owner and what your responsibilities, especially those of a financial nature, will be to them.
One of the best burger franchises in the fast casual world is Zac’s Burgers. Zac’s Burgers is a fast growing burger fast casual franchise which is looking for new franchisees. Zac’s is known for its quality food, top notch service and family- friendly atmosphere. They offer their own unique, healthier take on traditional fast food fare like burgers and fries. Ask about their special sauce. Zac’s Burgers also has the added benefit of being a food truck franchise as well.
An initial investment in Zac Burger’s will cost you anywhere between $119,500 and $198,000 with no requirements for net worth or liquid assets, although you will need to have at least $35,000 on hand for the first 3 months for additional costs. If you want to get into the burger fast casual franchise business and you have never owned a business before, this is a good first investment because of its low startup costs.
Whichever fast casual franchise you choose, make sure you look carefully at your finances, your expected return in the investment and also think carefully about whether your vision for your restaurant matches that of the parent company. The more prepared you are, the best chance you have of succeeding.
For more information about fast casual franchises and the benefits of joining Zac’s Burgers family, call them today or visit their website. Now is definitely the right time to get into the fast casual franchise business.
Zac's Burgers is presently not selling franchises and does not have a certified franchise disclosure document. Zac's is offering licensing opportunities, however, potential licensees must meet all federal and state requirements.